Trying to get to a million $ ASAP. Worried employee will start own business!

jonnylugs

I am at a crossroads...

I run an online affiliate marketing business.

There are certain tactics that work very well, sort of loopholes and untapped angles and niches.

I want to scale, hire and build out a team of 5-10 to run a division of my business that I have been managing that takes me 10-30 hours a week. Last year I was very hands-on with this division, I spent 35K and revenue was 165K (130K profit). Right now I do about 20K/mo. revenue with this division, lets call it "Division Z."

I think I could scale to a million+ a year in revenue with a team of team of 5-10. Right now I manage 2 workers with Division Z. I have 1 other division of the business right now and I would like to spearhead and open more to scale. Build an empire!

Right now I do all of the critical work and I am that glue that holds Division Z. I could still hire but compartmentalize every task independently to keep workers in the dark of how it all comes together, keeping me as the glue and taking a decent amount of my time.

But what would be nice would be to hire a PM (project manager) from the Balkans (Serbia, Croatia) for around $2,500-3,500/mo. USD to do the hiring, team QA, firing, analytics/metrics, team meetings, operations, troubleshooting etc.

A PM would be very nice. But there is not a very big barrier to entry for Division Z. For $500+ a month they could start doing it themselves on the side and build up.

Usually when you tell someone of a great way to make money they rarely do it. I have done this where I show someone exactly how to make easy money and they just don't do it. But with this, I am employing them fulltime and they will learn everything.

Division Z is not a huge ocean, it is not like a client agency business where if the employee copies your SOP's and operations and goes and gets their own clients (or steals yours) it doesn't matter because there are a zillion clients in the world to go sell to. Another competitor would matter with Division Z.

Option A - compartmentalize every task independently, keep workers tasks separate so no one understands the whole picture. Less risk, more time for me manage

Option B - hire project manager, tell them how everything works. Takes this mostly off my plate but possible risk of them doing it for themselves. More time to scale the business and take my self out of the day to day of Division Z.

@jonnylugs Good luck. The only way this will work long term is to have every employee in a different city and they only talk to you, never knowing there are 9 other people working for you. Over time, one of these 10 or maybe 2 or 3 will figure out what you are doing. And perhaps one or 2 of these will leave and start similar business, or not. Don't think for a minute you can really keep a group of folks in the dark as to what you do. Unless these folks have the intelligence of a monkey

@jonnylugs I think is great idea to delegate so you can focus on development of the system that will allow your business to +1M, have you read 100M offers? I like the way Hormozi pitches the idea, some people don’t get incentivized just by the idea of making tons of money but for doing something meaningful

@jonnylugs If you need an extra hand let me know I probably could aid in automating some parts of your process, I’m looking for new revenue streams, no prior experience with affiliate marketing but I’m always eager to learn and develop new skills

@jonnylugs Uhm building the whole traffic generation thing and such and such. no one will just really run with it I think. all these "loopholes' and "tricks and angles" can be found online anyway. (lets be honest). I did some affiliate marketing in the past but quit when Facebook destroyed my business model and traffic generation. Maybe I can be an addition to your team. I don't want to run my own affiliate business. Nice remote job though? yes I'm interested

@jonnylugs Yes. I have another job working for a DAO(decentralized organisation, remote) and I also have a local job. but its not a lot of days/time. So looking to add somthing.

@613jono It is easy to make multiple 6 figures with this stuff, why not do it instead of having all of these little jobs? sounds like you could this business model.

@613jono Also, both comments here are talking about working with me, I am not on here for that at all (in case you thought I was)

Instead, What I AM looking for advice from experienced business owners.

@jonnylugs Look dude. you might think your business is special but its not. there's a lot of guys doing the same thing. I don't want to "rip off" your affiliate marketing scheme. And even if they do. You should feel safe cause you have the head start. Do you want to expand your business? you need to hire people. Do you want them to do a good job? you have to teach them what is going on.

@jonnylugs I don’t know much about the type of business you have. But I can give you my two cents, I own a small renovation/remodeling company I have three employees. I started my company because my previous employer showed me how much money he was making everyday or every week by having us handle payments on job sites as foreman. I’ll tell you if I was payed better I wouldn’t have felt the need to start my own with the same urgency. But people with that amount of ambition aren’t necessarily common. You might have someone demand better pay but the chances of them becoming your competition might be like 1 in 50 hires it takes a lot to run your own business.

@ironrose13
I was paid better I

FTFY.

Although payed exists (the reason why autocorrection didn't help you), it is only correct in:
  • Nautical context, when it means to paint a surface, or to cover with something like tar or resin in order to make it waterproof or corrosion-resistant. The deck is yet to be payed.
  • Payed out when letting strings, cables or ropes out, by slacking them. The rope is payed out! You can pull now.
Unfortunately, I was unable to find nautical or rope-related words in your comment.

Beep, boop, I'm a bot

Back