(USA) I am a small business LLC owner, I forgot to file my form 1065, how do I file this after the fact and is there any way to not get a giant fine?

tirzah2

Any info about best ways to file my 1065 and add it to the taxes I already submitted (used Turbotax but printed and sent by mail to the IRS) would be super helpful. It's me and one other partner but I am the majority owner of the business. I had no idea a 1065 existed as this is my first year filing my personal and business taxes alone.

If you can ELI5 as much as possible that would be great as im quite a rookie but any response is greatly appreciated.

@tirzah2 Ask for the abatement for first time after forgetting to file. I had received a $2500 fine years ago when they changed the filing date from 4/15 to 3/15. I filed an extension on 4/15 and then subsequently filed before 10/15 as I had done for years. But since I filed the extension a month late it was all late.

I took care of it all myself with a phone call to the IRS. You'll get a bill for the fine, I paid mine and then called to get it abated.