Ways to reduce my small business tax burden in USA

@jonahua 1031 allows you to roll your capital gains (ie depreciation) into a different building and defer paying the tax due. There are investment firms with specific funds that allow you to buy into another building, similar to a reit. They manage the property and pay you dividends.

@carlvo And when you die you can pass it to your kids and don’t pay any taxes on $12m or $24m if you are married because of estate taxes.

If you really want to get creative you gift small portions to your kids and say the value is less than the % ownership because it gets a discount for being a minority share. You could easily never pay taxes in $30m+ this way.

@amicrazy90 Why don't u pay your fair share instead of using these loopholes? No wonder you can save, everything is a tax write-off. This system is rigged for those who have money to make more and everyone else can be homeless. If they're not employees, they're useless right? RIGHT?

"we have no employees" IE: Being job creators is a myth. All you contribute to society is not paying taxes, how useful. DURR I keep money in my bank as society collapses yet i wont pay into social services. You gonna run ur own power plant when the country collapses? You gonna pave ur own roads? No. You're gonna sit on a useless pile of money. Go work for walmart.

@rachelcgv Dude is a small business and trying to make a living for his family and scrub sauce here vomits something stupid into a reply. What a fucking dumbass.

@rachelcgv Yes employees are trying to make a living as well, but he doesn’t have any employees, so how is it his fault.?
You obviously have no idea how much more money he has to make to afford an employee, especially if he and his partner can handle the work load and don’t need any help.
What are they supposed to do, give away their paycheck just to pay someone they don’t need?

@rhandi Business is business. Employees or not the argument is valid. Sure it does not apply to them so we'll just negate my entire point. U ceo types really are fucking dumb.

@rachelcgv CEO types. lol
You mean the one that has to actually come up with the money in the first place to pay the bills?
I have 1 employee.
You “victim types” never realize things cost money.

@rhandi Bro keep fucking living in make believe. "actually come up with the money?"

It's either dad's money handed down, or money from the bank. Shut up.

@rachelcgv Yea, see a small business has to make money in order to pay for things like Bills, Inventory and guess what else… employees too!!
Not sure what planet you’re on, but you have no clue what you’re talking about or do you think every small business is run by Elon or Bezos. lol

@rachelcgv You are t going to have an employee if you don’t have the work (or fucking money) for them. Read the post, SMALL BUSINESS. This isn’t Microsoft, dipshit. If they needed the employees, they would hire them.

@fsmbin You mean offer them to slave-wage employees. Piss the boss off, OH, there goes your ability to exist. Talk about dictatorships. Eat shit, happy holidays. And yes, try working for walmart.

@rachelcgv Ive actually thought about argentina specifically lol.

Why are you so mad at the usa? Being angry, bitter, and cynical isnt going to improve anyones situation.

Hate to break it to you, but we probably arent going to see a communist utopia in our lifetimes and financial disparity doesnt appear to be getting better.

Options are play the game or dont

@rachelcgv Setting up an LLC for tax write-offs it's not some magical portal that lowers your taxes. It's a pass-through entity and you have to actually have a business to use tax write-offs. Switching to an s-corp again is not some magical thing and you need to really have a business that's doing something before it's even beneficial. At that point I would discuss it with a CPA or an LLM for how to structure things and to see if it even is beneficial.

If you build a small business though and you have to invest in equipment or a printer even, it's not free money it just helps lower your tax burden. You're still paying all kinds of taxes. You're building an asset though and for that asset to generate revenue it takes components and those components can go towards lowering your tax burden because they are direct costs to keeping that business functioning so that it generates revenue and the potential to have employees. Owning a business and getting employees just makes you the tax man yourself because you're creating taxpayers.

Back