Where is the best place to find a co-founder?

@anselm77 Please take a look at my profile on LinkedIn (username is the same as this one) .. you can check my Twitter (same username) to see where my interests are ...

If you want to have a discussion, DM or send an e-mail mentioned in my LinkedIn profile ...

Even if you find me not fit, I can be your stand-in CTO till you actually find someone who fits your needs .. hit me up whenever you need someone to fill that role in for a meeting.. I've been in the industry since 2001 .. and I have enough know how to handle any technical query that needs handling...

@lo1337 I’ve been on tech side in edtech and AI. I would say you should start with your go to market strategy… really workshop it with potential customers. Then evaluate your own skills and what you lack. Then start having informational interviews with people with those skills to “refine” your ideas. One of them will likely express interest and you’ll have a better idea of the gaps they fill. You may actually need a sales guy or a teacher and need to hire a dev instead of a technical cofounder

@lo1337 No program. No startup hub
Unless it's sector specific (maybe): a healthtech or media thing

Stop buying the b.s. that the "startup" thing or cofounder dating is where to be.

When you want to get married, do you go to Everyone-22-R-Us and hope for the best? No, you meet people who have similar interests as you. Startup isn't an interest, it's a stage.

Get into the ecosystems where you are working and related to the problem you want to solve. Now, start talking, to everyone.

@24korange
No, you meet people who have similar interests as you*, Startup* isn't an interest, it's a stage

Thanks for articulating what have been in my mind but couldn't say it

Cause I met my first cofounder through the business I was working on at that time, I never bough into the cofounder dating

And also because of how competent my cofounder was in talking, and almost incompetent in execution, why the heck do you choose a cofounder based on how good he's at talking? instead of seeing his execution skills

@lo1337 Can this be looked at another way? Building a product is easy. Finding the right product to build, marketing the product, and finding the business case is hard. Can one cofounder be a l technical expert while another more of a product/sales/business person?

@lo1337 I cannot post separately, that’s why I am posting here please help.

Is this worth going for ?

I have an Idea for a startup but don’t know if I should go with it. The idea is very simple. Users can add gmail or PNR of the train or flight ticket and they get the relevant information. The catch here is these ticket are shareable meaning when a user share ticket with others, others can also track the users, get info about the ticket. In addition to these, there is also a checked in feature where users can inform when they arrived at their destination with SOS.

If the idea is good what else should i put in mvp and if not where am i wrong ?

@lo1337 I just reached out to you. I just built a platform to help non-technical founders like you get a product launched without a technical co-founder. The platform I built might be a possible solution for you.

@lo1337 You need a technical cofounder.

I’d start with yc cofounder matching. You don’t have to be accepted to use it.

I’d recommend that you look locally first. You want someone that you can work with face to face.

@lo1337 I posted on Craigslist simply, told what i will bring on the table and what i am looking for, so after talking to the people who were complete strangers, finally met a person who was the perfect match. He was my first pitch before any customer or investor. He believed in my vision and things went well from there.

@dog Looking back, it was a learning lesson. So being a non-tech guy I wasn’t able to judge his capabilities, the product i wanted to be built was complex even though he had 7 years of experience as software developer, the progress was really basic. I felt it as a red flag when he was more focused on the investment rather than product development.
So rather than remaining stuck there, after two months I dissolved the partnership when i observed it was going nowhere.
All my time, money and work that I invested went to waste.
I felt discouraged but i started fresh after few months now i am developing prexi.xyz
It would have been worse if i would have taken more time into making this decision, and I learnt lessons about partnering, hiring and decision making.
With Prexi, we are setting clear vision and expectations and it is working well

@ccmission
after two months I dissolved the partnership when I observed it was going nowhere. All my time, money and work that I invested went to waste.

I would say no, nothing had gone to waste, at least nothing 'significant'

2 months is really short amount of time, you got off the hook early

I've found from my experience in hiring that things like '7 years of experience' are as red flag as it can get

Back