YC mods scrubbing posts they don't like

@johnhus1966 People like this dude are not grounded in reality even and has no understanding of how investing, startups, or anything works and does not have the humility to admit this. And then they question how they didnt get into yc 😭Im no shill for YC even tho i got into YC, but no one can disregard their success. And anyone who looks at “last demo day” is kind of silly seeing as startups are a decades long process. Of course all of those early stage companies have not succeeded yet, thats a default.

@greekorthodox123456 Alot of wrapper startups will likely pivot -- it's super early stage investing and they are investing as much in founder potential then the specific idea.

Also I checked the last batch -- the vast majority of them aren't just GPT wrappers. (obviously some are -- but it's not the norm). For example -- I just picked one at random and got : https://studdy.ai/ .

They are barely an AI company at all and basically a mobile study app.

@sammyclifnote I dont know man. It just looks like chatgpt with custom instructions, some uploaded retrieval pdfs and a different UI. Basically everything you can do with no-code now on Open AI.

@witness1 Where do I see how to do something this nice as a no code build? I can write some Python, but not nearly enough for something that requires a LLM.

@greekorthodox123456 Recommendation: make a new sub yc-nomod or something and you can all talk there. This sub has been overrun by spiteful people. We’d all appreciate this sub back and you guys will have a place to get whatever you want out of your sub!

@daniel8daniel tell me one company that hasn't raised some ridiculous amount of early funding to develop a useful foundational model. If you are starting out as a company using ai to solve some problem, why tf would you waste your time trying to train your own models when you can be using an existing solution to prototype and test your value prop?

Here's a comment thread from the deleted post that does a pretty decent job in summarizing why these investments are so poor.

Also - keep in mind this was 4 days before OpenAI decimated all AI wrapper startups.

Anyone from YC have anything to say around this? Or why the post was scrubbed? Or why this one will likely be scrubbed as well?

Also - just to clarify for everyone here - I don't have a horse in this race. I'm not a founder. But I do believe YC (for better or for worse), as the premier seed accelerator, sets the trajectory and direction for investment further down the funnel.

And they're compromising the integrity of American innovation with an arrogant and wasteful deployment of capital towards get rich quick schemes that everyone told them wouldn't be viable long-term.

So I'm back to tell you - these AI wrappers are not viable companies. Stop this craziness.

Back