$750/m passively

@neutral_i My main traffic source is the people who browse the Google Play Store for specific content. For example, if someones favorite TV Show is Rick and Morty, and they happen to search for it in the Google Play Store, if I had a Rick and Morty soundboard deployed there, they'd see it and download it and view the ads in the app.

@ngozichukwuka This was my first question to myself before I began development, so I Googled a bunch and some random Internet people say that it is in breach of copyright and that the owners of the content have grounds to sue, but from other random Internet people, they say that since the audio files are less than 25 seconds, that it can be used under fair use and that it'll have to be on a case by case basis.

I'm not a fan of trusting random Internet people, so I decided to talk to a lawyer on this matter and what he said was that if you use content such as Rick and Morty, then it is a fact that you'd be using content that you don't own and gain monetary value from. It is also a fact that Adult Swim don't care about your shitty soundboard app lol (yes, this lawyer is a friend of mine).

His thoughts were basically that I shouldn't worry about it but I also shouldn't only make soundboard apps that are eligible to be taken off the Google Play Store for copyright infringement because it's easy for someone to report the app and that the owners aren't going to care that you're making $30/month off soundbites.

In saying all that, I'm well aware that copyright is an important thing to consider as the core of this idea is based on content. I have setup an LLC specifically for this venture to contain itself for that reason.

Back