Can someone help me find the WA L&I number? I'm so frustrated with this!!!

warrenv

Hi, I own a small business and am hiring my first employee. I'm trying to set up payroll through Square and it's requiring me to include a department of labor and industries account ID, an employee security number and a participant activation code (in addition to my EIN and UBI, both of which I have). I am at my wits end trying to find these other ones; I've been caught in this infuriating loop for what seems like forever and every time I come back to it I wind up right where I started.

Square says the L&I number must be exactly 8 digits. When I google where to find it, it says it is the same as my UBI and is 9 digits. It also says it is on correspondence from Washington Department of Revenue at the top of each page UNDER my UBI and it's not, it just has my 9-digit UBI listed twice.

When I go to try and make an account online with L&I it tries to make me enter my L&I number IN ORDER TO create/access my account. How am I supposed to find it???

Please, someone smarter than me, tell me where to find these stupid numbers. This shouldn't be this complicated :(

@warrenv If you have figured any of this out, I would be so grateful to benefit from your knowledge! I am in the exact same position - do NOT understand how the L&I Account set-up wants me to already know my account ID when that is what I am trying to set up?

@sunnyintx0717 They mail it to you!! And they only give it to you on that paper, and it takes forever

but yeah eventually you receive paper mail with all the other numbers on it that you need once you update on your business license that you want to hire employees