Feeling Stuck

@liac Michigan at the moment most cleaning services with no equipment start employees off at $15-$17 hr and zip recruiter at the moment

@tmanocd This is minimum wage with no benefits this is not enough! McDonald’s pays more.

And what mean they don’t have equipment? Thats something you the employer provide.

@tmanocd Yes… that’s exactly what you should be paying.

You offer no guarantee of hours, benefits, paid time off or 401k/profit sharing. There’s no job security working for you as you’re new and not established.

Why would they have their own equipment? YOU’RE the employer YOU provide any and all of that.

Why would anyone work for you when they have to work for minimum wage and put $ into bringing their own supplies???? For that they’ll work at mcdicks and get paid more, have more benefits, and they don’t have to come out of pocket buying supplies.

You seem like you don’t like the advice you’re receiving but this is how it works if you want a successful business otherwise don’t hire employees and YOU do all the work.

I’ve been in business over 10yrs and it is well established and doing extremely well. You can’t ask for advice how to get your business where mine is and then not be willing to receive any advice you disagree with. You’ve only been in business 2 weeks. You have no clue what you’re doing yet.

@siralex172 Absolutely. In construction our minimum paid position is $45 an hour. If you want them to actually show up, be on time, treat your customers right, do their job, and do it well, you have to pay them well. Asking someone to show up and put in some elbow grease and sweat cost money.

I'm curious how a person with only four clients is looking for employees, but that's a whole different story

@arwenn Clearly you can’t read I don’t just have 4 clients A property management is not a client 🤣 🤫 you don’t know how many houses/apartments they have or want me to do $45 IN CONSTRUCTION that’s a skill you suppose to get paid that! I would love for you guys to give someone $45 a hour in cleaning watch your business get cooked

@tmanocd My suggestion is to harass google about your google verification.

That’s what I had to do bc it was taking weeks and weeks and nothing changed. I wish I would have done it way sooner

@tmanocd I have a cleaning/housekeeping company and yes you will have to pay your employees extremely well in todays climate… people aren’t money hungry they just won’t accept shit pay anymore.

If you want good people to work for you you’re going to have to pay more. If you’re not offering 40hours you’ll be paying more. You don’t offer 401k, PTO, or benefits so ya you’re going to have to pay more.

It’s your company so you’ll be working to hardest!

I pay my employees EXTREMELY WELL and buy them lunch. I never have a short supply of people willing to work. That’s the secret. Take care of your people and they’ll take care of you!

Good luck!

ETA: Facebook is where I’ve gotten all my employees. I can see what they put up and if they’re a good or trash person and who they associate with. There’s no better way to hire imo