Fintest – Could you pass a personal finance Stress Test? (fintest.co)

Hi all! I’ve been working for 5 years in banking, concretely, with the supervisory stress tests of banks conducted by the Federal Reserve and the BCE (in Europe).

A bank stress test is an analysis conducted under hypothetical unfavorable economic scenarios, such as a deep recession or financial crisis, designed to determine whether a bank has enough capital to withstand the impact of adverse economic developments.

I was wondering why not to apply this process to the personal finance and I made Fintest(just a MVP). This is my second entrepreneurial venture,

Fintest takes a holistic view of your finances to make sure you’re not only financially stablebut able to handle almost anything thrown your way. With this in mind, I’ve created a model which starting from macroeconomic scenarios and risk events (parameterizable), stress your money and push you into crash mode, and then, it will help you cope or recover from that.

I’m trying to fill this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1trnSlygwvvPW739b_CJZS65mxoQMvseeuLr1m4WmnL4/edit?usp=sharing) to know what other common situations could cause money stress in a ordinary person and what factors I should consider in my model to give a final score. Please, help me build the definitive list of risk factors or other ideas related to this.

I’m not concerned about how to monetize this yet, first I want to check if it can be interesting but I have some ideas:

Option 1:
  • Individuals plan: Saas Model. Free, standard and premium.
  • Company plan: Saas Model. Free, standard and premium. (Not available initially).
Option 2:
  • Free test with a rating and main conclusions of your finance in stress.
  • If you want to a detailed analysis go premium, just XX $ a year, two tests a year or it there is important changes in the economy. Newsletter monthly with financial advices.
Create your own scenarios and risks events.

Option 3:
  • Totally free and get commissions for affiliation marketing. (Finance programs, online banks, etc)
Any other ideas? Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank so much!

Daniel