Fractional Real Estate Investing

@lucidsamples Was actually exploring buying a rental property with some friends while on a trip this weekend. So...this definitely immediately caught my attention. One thing that immediately frustrated me was that my 2-3 minute search did not yield me finding out how much this service costs. It very well could be there in plain sight, but i searched moderately hard (due to being interested) and left empty handed and annoyed. Just FYI..love the concept, best of luck!

@lucidsamples You are targeting investors and then you say “home affordability is expensive and we want to make a difference”. Lol get your story straight, are you trying to help mom and pop buy a house or are you trying to help investors make bank?

@xxmilfhunter69xx We are trying to provide a solution for home ownership to be more affordable through co-ownership. Our intention is that this can be used by both 1) groups of family/friends who want a jumpstart on home ownership to live in it and get home appreciation, and 2) investors who want to co-own a property for home appreciation and passive rental income.

We might focus on one group or the other later, but still exploring both customer types rn. Totally understand where you're coming from with how the sell might not seem as cohesive rn -- appreciate the feedback :) . What do you think is a better way for us to better message our service to the two very different user groups we're hoping to reach without it seeming confusing?

@lucidsamples I think from a marketing standpoint, you need to factor in the average Joe. I've just mocked signup on your site to check the UX. You can just segment your site with something like "signup with fams/friends" and "signup as an investor" with the different color schemes.

The family/friends who want to keep things close circle and away from the idea of investors. In your initial post, you mentioned that Fractional would help streamline legal agreements, holding title, property management, etc. When average Joes hear "investors" they also think "legal agreements" and might get scared off.

@skyrue Great suggestion with segmenting between fam/friends and investors :) Legal agreements are still a crucial part of our product even for the "average Joe" -- there are areas of conflict that co-owners want to be aligned, even if they are fam/friends. For example, people within a group of fam/friends will have different opinions on when they want to sell the house -- how will you make a decision when there is conflict? That's why having legal agreements signed and defined beforehand is crucial.

Folks in the Bay Area on our waitlist were specifically looking to make sure we were able to provide legal agreement services, but its definitely very possible that people from other geographic locations may not think of these things. I personally still think it would still be a good idea to educate those users that the legal agreement is incredibly important, do you agree/disagree with this thought? Do you think it would be helpful if we messaged it in a friendlier way to not scare the "average Joe" away?

@lucidsamples I am not advocating for the dismissal of legal agreements. I just think in this context, not only do words matter, but how you use them is crucial. The best example to use is LegalZoom, despite the intricacies and legal jargons that comes with business registration, the words they used made it easy for almost anyone to go through the process without getting confused or lost.

I think you should hire an experienced content writer. You need good content to ensure customers do not feel the lack of physical interaction.