Ghosted after 4 interviews

@jane_ When it's a NO, it's a NO right away. "No answer is a good answer." Most companies would have multiple candidates in the interview pipeline at the same time. They are most likely waiting on others before they decide. I have been hired for positions that had been listed for over 2-3 months. Hiring takes time, sometimes weeks and months.

ALSO, why not just email the person you had contact with and ask about the status? Do you even want this job? lol

@jane_ You’ve been waiting for 1.5 weeks and you are angry and feel ghosted? You really need to take a breather and relax… hiring is a super critical decision and sometimes it will take a little while to interview and evaluate all candidates.

The longest I’ve waited for for a positive response from a company was 4 months btw

@mc25 4 months is literally insane - economy, inflation and other inconveniences are constantly against you. 4 months of just waiting for a response is madness.

@lanie90 Oh yes, I agree that 4 months is insane and yet it is how a lot of startups and businesses in general operate. Just to say that waiting 2 weeks for a potential job offer is like light-speed compared to many if not most other firms.

@jane_ Ok, but to be honest, the way you type gives off an energy I wouldn't want to hire to any team I've managed or been part of.

Calling this "abusive" and stuff is such a reach that it's hard to take you seriously.

If they wanted you, they would be in touch. Move along.

Maybeeeee some crazy circumstances popped up and you fell down the priorities list a bit. Maybe the person you're reaching out to fell sick or got fired or whatever.

No point in taking radio silence as a personal attack 😂

@jane_ The last time I told anyone why we didn't hire them they showed up at my office with a gun. This is just the result of legal issues, protection and the American dream all failing. You shouldn't take it personally, it sucks for everyone.

They also have confidential reasons they can't share with you - maybe they are laying everyone off next week. There are too many variables to imagine, just know it probably has nothing to do with you at all - any any feedback won't make sense because they can't tell you the real reason. There should be no expectation of a reason or justification, you aren't entitled to it even though it seems like it would be valuable for you. This is just normal procedures, either you're in or you're not, doesn't matter.

I realize this is an unpopular opinion - I don't have any stake in this other than to just tell you that's how the world works and you can waste a lot of time trying to change the world or you can get onto your next opportunity. One is going to serve you better in the short term.

@brucee But this isn’t about being told WHY you are being rejected, it’s about not even being told that you’ve been rejected after multiple in-person interviews.

It’s rude and unprofessional.

Back