How are you running business accs on X lately?

davidixoye

Here is the thing: I run a business account on X (formerly known as Twitter) for my tree cutting business. My impressions and engagement rates on X experienced a significant drop in August and September.

Is this a common issue for your accounts as well, or is it unique to my situation?

However, I’d like to believe I’ve found a way out, even though it costs me $75 monthly.
  • X subscription for $9.99 per month
As far as I know, there is no chance to be visible without this paid X (Musk’s) feature.
  • Tweet Hunter Grow plan for $49/month
Easy tool for writing viral replies; the auto-retweeting option is also great.
  • MarketOwl Pro plan for $15.00/month
I use it for strategy generation (it gives 3 target segments of your product) and content generation (60–90 tailored to the audience tweets for the whole month).

How has your experience on X been recently? Do you have any tips or lifehacks for surviving there?

@davidixoye A robber pulled a gun on the bank clerk and manager saying, “Give me all the money! I need it to set myself up in a trade or profession. You know, initial investment is needed to cover the overheads until my cash flow is established.” The bank manager said to the clerk, “You’d better do what he says, I think he means business.”

@davidixoye Well the good thing is almost no one is using twitter to find out the latest on tree trimming news! Now I have seen plenty of hobby accounts that post about tool reviews, cool historical items, etc. But if you're wondering if twitter is worth the money for service business advertising, it probably isn't.

@davidixoye We do a lot of marketing for tree service. Twitter is never a driver of traffic or leads. Most I would recommend is setting one up and then maybe tweeting out once a week or so to keep it active.

You're going to get much more traffic from your gbp and website. Potential clients will also look at your Instagram for examples of your work, and sometimes tiktok or youtube shorts.

Twitter is mostly useless now.

@ianf19 Anecdotally, a lot of folks are dropping Twitter/X too. I used to spend a lot of time on Twitter but deleted both of my accounts a month ago or so.

@davidixoye Certified arborist, former climber. I’ve helped quite a few friends set up simple web pages & optimize their google profile. All you need to care about are Facebook ads, 5 star reviews on google, & a professional looking website. If you climb/do removals & create content that’s going to do better on tiktok & Instagram reels.

@613jono I guess it becomes useless for most services and businesses. A place for bots and crypto lovers, lol

Yet, I'd like to hear more about the efficiency of these two tools.

@davidixoye My wife is an account manager for a marketing company that handles hundreds of small businesses, most of them being small home service providers. We talk a lot about her work and I help her when she needs some sort of industry knowledge (I’m a GC) and never once in the 5 years she has done this specific marketing have I heard her recommend or work on a Twitter campaign. I have heard her tell people it’s a waste of money for their business countless times. If your engagement is dropping it’s probably because they are shutting off bot accounts or something. My wife’s advice for everyone is Facebook is good but google is the most important for local home services. Make sure you have a bunch of good reviews and spend as much as you can on google ads. Everyone always wants an ideal $ amount for what to spend but there isn’t one it’s literally the more the better (her pay is not related to google ads budget.) Finally make sure your ad goes to a good website. There is a whole google ads algorithm that you can see where the quality of the ad and the landing page actually effect how much google will push your ad and I believe in some instances your price per click will go down when your ad gets a higher rating from google. It’s all about google and it’s easier to get good at the marketing than you would think. I have a firm enough grasp on it to run my own personal ads and it’s all just general shit I’ve picked up seeing my wife work from home over the years.

Back