How I made $7,500 MRR in passive income in 38 days via Fitness Trainers Brokerage

For reference, I have multiple income streams (~ $45k MRR). Some of them are pretty passive (like this one), while others require consistent work.

Fitness Trainers Brokerage
  1. I contacted a few fitness trainers in my city with good reviews and low prices (from online directories) and told them I could refer some clients to them for a 30% recurring commission on an increased price, so they will make the same.
(eg. if the trainer normally charged $x/h, I will send clients to him with the price $1.3*x/h and keep $0.3*x/h, while the trainer receives $x/h)
  1. The trainers who accepted and sounded trustworthy (a short 5 min call, no face-to-face meetings) received an e-contract with the Terms & Conditions of the Partnerships. (just to be sure I don’t get screwed)
  2. I created multiple social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Discord, WhatsApp) uploading a gym picture of mine (I’m not that muscular, but it still works) and some fitness-related bio.
  3. I joined countless local groups on all these platforms. It didn’t have to be gym-related, just any type of group that is local.
  4. I engaged with a lot of people, liking/commenting on their posts, and sending them DMs looking to connect.
  5. I asked them if they go to the gym. There are 2 types of answers:
A. No. -> Are you looking to start?

a. Yes, but… -> I can help you, I’m a personal trainer and I have helped a lot of people just like you.

b. No, I don’t want -> move to the next

B. Yes -> Are you satisfied with your progress recently?

a. Not really.. -> I can help you, I’m a personal trainer and I have helped a lot of people just like you.

b. Yes -> Great! I can help you go to the next level. I’m a personal trainer and I have helped a lot of people just like you.
  1. There’s obviously more than this short script, but if you have decent sales skills it shouldn’t be that hard to get some people interested. There are a lot of people who plan on starting to go to the gym but procrastinate because it seems scary at first. They are the perfect target audience.
  2. After establishing some ground, I send them an audio message/text message/call (if it’s possible) telling them I’m fully booked right now, but I spoke to my good friend who is an incredible fitness trainer and is very excited to help them. Again, if you have some decent sales skills, making the transition shouldn’t be that hard.
  3. After a lead agrees, I connect him to my fitness trainer and start receiving recurring revenue
  4. It’s a numbers game. When dealing with cold outreach, a lot of people will ghost you, or say they are interested but change their minds later. It’s important to go for high volume from day 1 on all possible platforms. Being persistent in your conversations is also very important.
Hope that helps you. I’m not saying that if you will copy this method you will make the same, because it depends a lot on your country, your city, your sales skills, and your persistence.

But I hope it gives you some inspiration on creating some alternative income streams. :)

@oneiric1975 Not even a little bit, I wonder what his active jobs are. I can imagine it now, gotta be something like “personal piggy back ride service if the ski lift isn’t bourge enough, also I hand crank ice cream on the way up for my side hustle’s side hustle”

@letmebeyourshelter This whole thing makes no sense. First of all, it’s the opposite of passive. You’re directly engaging (and misrepresenting yourself to) clients. Second, you’re completely trusting that the trainers you refer to will pay you, with basically no way of knowing whether the potential client paid or not. Third, I don’t know of any personal trainers that are willing to add 30% to their price just so you can take it. A one-time referral fee would make more sense but then you would have to acknowledge that it isn’t actually recurring revenue. You could get past this by having the client pay you and you pay the trainer minus your cut each month but that would require the client to know you’re a broker, which they don’t as of now.

I still can’t get past the lying part though. Personal trainer isn’t a regulated profession but you could very easily be looking at legal trouble if you were to claim to be say, a doctor, even if you were just referring patients. It may not be illegal to do this but it’s definitely an ethical issue and could go south real quick if people found out.