I built a SaaS in 3 days! An API-First Link Shortener

@jessica50 I have a bunch of experience with Azure as well, and I am a bit curious about which services you have used there to host linkbird? Since I am looking to deploy some apps as well there.

@jessica50 I don't understand what or how a Link Shortner benefits a business. Can some one please explain? Why couldn't someone just create a new page or link with a shorter name and do a redirect?

@ernesjohnson I dont think many undertand the benefits but here are some

Note, I would say the mayority would want to have a custom domain. They want their brand to show not a 3rd party. Unless you are a world know brand like tinyurl. Still, custom domain is 99% a requirement.
Or self hosted.

Marketing
You can customize the OG image when sharing social. So for any link shared outside the company you control the message

Analytics
You can measure the reach of each shared link
This could be anything, links to customers or prospekts on emails, links on social media, links on your own website

Now you have s complete overview of all your external links on their reach, how many clicks, where did the clicks come from, who shared them

For a marketer, this is gold.

Other benefits is that while your link cannot be changed, the redirect can. So if you share an image, video or site, and now you have move it or updated it, you can change the redirect afterwards