People with day jobs and working on your SaaS at the same time

gtr1963

How do you do it? How do you manage it all?

I’ve been working on my SaaS for the past few months for at least an hour after work each day and then 5-8 hours each day on the weekend and struggling to manage everything between the job, family, and startup.

@gtr1963 I am super keen to do a mega discord or Google meet call for all of us. I am in exact same spot with a toddler, wife and full time job.

Shall we set something up so we can all add value and learn a bit?

For me what was super valuable was setting time to learn about the tech and then actually execute much later with a much better confidence in my skillsets.

There's at least 3 of us on this post that are similar situations.

@josiah714 This is how you end up with a rag tag cast of members for yet another podcast and no SaaS.

I typed this and then quickly remembered that I haven't done anything towards a SaaS or any kind of a side gig of my own. I spend my time scrolling through reddit and 9gag so I guess don't listen to me and maybe go join the discord. You are more likely to get somewhere than just reading my snark.

@josiah714 Something like that was pretty useful for me, I burned out myself by working for a few months without any output from it.

Talking with the guy I'm working with helped simply because he could relate. See it as a group of people who won't question your passion and could relate to you.