Selling Junk Removal Business after 4 years

@alf You need to hire someone at the level already, not someone you're going to train to do it. They'll still work for you, but you'll have a much better time working with someone who knows how to manage a business.

@gabrielbb This right here. Don't hire with the expectation to train them. Hire someone who already knows what to do, better than you. And then pay them what they are worth.

@alf I can almost guarantee you we're paying your guys hourly and expecting them to have an inconsistent schedule. You'll never find people like that. If you're going to have an inconsistent schedule then you need to start paying them salary so that they can count on a set paycheck every week and then they'll be available when you need them

@alf Business broker here.

Small businesses that employ the owner are definitely still sellable.

In my experience, the minimum requirements for a “sellable job” is it pays at least six figures, for no more than 30 hours per week of work, and the work is relatively flexible and easy.

A business like this can sell for around 1X the income. The more it pays and the fewer hours it requires, the higher the multiple up to around 3X.

@2stupiddogs You can find businesses like this on listing sites such as BizBuySell.

To get small deals between 1X and 2X, look for any deals showing cash flow of $125k or less. They may be advertised at 3X by a hopeful broker, but they will be sold for less after negotiations.

@2stupiddogs I’ll sell you mine for $500k. E-commerce selling in-house designed accessories for Ford Mustangs. Been in biz for 7 years. ~$300k revenue per year. ~$200k gross profit and $~100k - $120k net. Fully automated and beginning to move a ton of inventory to Amazon FBA. We own the copyrights to all of our unique logos. Someone with time could expand into F150’s and get close to $500k revenue imo.

@cornelius77 If you're willing I'd love to hear more about how your business operates. I think there's a very good market for something similar towards 3/4-1 ton truck owners. Thanks for any reply/insight here :)

@cornelius77 Please DM me also. I’ve been keeping resources on the sidelines looking to get into something like this. It might be fate since I’ve been a Mustang enthusiast since the late 90s when I bought my first one (a 1995 GT convertible with the 5.0L).