Started a business flushing Tankless Water Heaters and made a few $1,000 in the first month. Here’s how I did it

@cpaisley Start always start with a simple no-code website. The Namecheap one I mentioned, Tilda, Notion. I went with a Wordpress theme that I liked and built it out. It costs more and takes more time but I didn't do it until I made money and had time.

Don't pay some one to do it. You have all the tools available for you.

@angiedm I would have to check which specific pump I bought but I’m pretty sure any with the right horse power would work!

I did create my own tool that I’m pretty proud of. Most houses have floor drains in the room with the water heater and furnace. When I tried to empty the bucket into it, water would get everywhere. I figured out I wanted to pump the descaled water down it but I had to hold the hose on it and it would still spray if I hit the grate. So I went to Home Depot and got a 1 in hose fitting to 1/2 fitting to 1/4 in fitting with 1/4 piping that I can fit through the grate down the drain. It has been a life saver.

It’s the little things I guess…

@siege777 I'd also lean into requesting a google review as you finish up, and then offer a $20 Amazon gift card for every client they refer to you. Let them find your next clients. Our HVAC guys leave a simple paper behind with a simple request that we leave a review for the service provided.

You could also add to future door hangers that "you will already be in the neighborhood" or "scheduled to work with a neighbor down the street next week" Some people might feel bad if they are the only reason you are driving out, but if you are already in the neighborhood...

Sounds like you got a great setup!

@lazar There’s definitely that as well. I have focused on areas near to me and have made my scheduling in a way that only people in Area A can book on Monday and people in Area B can book on Tuesday, Etc.

That has done some to cut down on unnecessary driving.

@lazar I would love to see more business ideas and breakdowns like this. I lose nothing by sharing but gain so much perspective and advice. It’s a win win.

@lazar Also said 5 minutes of work, hour flush 5 minutes of work was 15 minutes. In actuality you have about 1.5 hours into each job. I would bump your rate to $150 at least, maybe even $165

@sannobil I have serviced about 40 or so now. It is recommended for tankless systems to have annual cleaning no matter what but especially if you are in a high hard water area. Mine is among the worst, so I use that in my marketing.