Stop Building AI Tools For Fu@k Sake

@torie Those AI wrappers are making bank right now lol

End users really do not care if your product is a wrapper or not, they just care if it's valuable to them.

@kenm doubt all of them. There are thousands of "chat with a pdf". Doubt all of them are making millions. Do you really think they all are making millions?

@613jono I mean, very few businesses are making bank. Even ycombinator is saying that it's ridiculous to think of AI wrappers as 'bad'.

@daninch Facts. Unless you have decades of experience in customer service, I highly doubt your AI customer service solution is going to work 🤣

AI works with domain expertise. Not from just selling whatever you read on medium

@daninch I think a lot of people are missing the opportunity of AI. They are so hell bent on trying to be incrementally valuable within the AI space (which is dumb IMO, most aren't able to compete with OpenAI, Gemini, DeepMind). The real value is incorporating AI into the behind the scenes operations of an already successful business model.

@galiasapozhnikov I think a lot of people think AI == LLM. Once you understand that LLMs are just a tiny subspace of AI, "trying to be incrementally valuable within the AI space" isn't dumb anymore, because there are thousands of tasks LLMs cannot do. Even for a lot of NLP tasks, specialized models can outperform LLMs at lower cost and latency.

@daninch I don't think you realize what's happening here. The world is about to change. Everyone is trying to cash in, which is fine.

AI is going to make the industry revolution look like an economic nothing-burger. If AI technology froze right now, it would still take 10-15 years to put it to work for all the use cases that were impossible just 2 years ago.

But it's only getting crazier. So buckle the fu@k up, it's going to be a wild ride.