The 200-Year Old 15 Minute Routine showed me how to maximize Productivity in a CONSISTENT way

@angelonline It really is exactly what OP says. Work for 15 minutes with focus. Then take a small break ~5 minutes. It's not really the timer that makes it "work". IMO it's not actually the constraint either. It's a freedom to be singularly focused for a manageable amount of time. Then, you can go read email and less focused stuff or a few minutes. Then back to focus.

Most people find that they can build a focus "muscle" this way and drop in and out of focus more easily and focus even when a task is either less interesting or particularly difficult. Many also find that they can focus and put the effort in knowing the level of effort to maintain focus will end relatively soon. Look up "pomodoro technique" for more info.

@mbmzldt I posted in dopamine detox today asking for help with me being addicted to Facebook. I’m currently “studying” to become a home inspector but I never study because I can’t get off of Facebook. Absolutely No help from any of those dopers. Lol. I’m glad I saw this post. I deleted my Facebook app yesterday and just uploaded Forest thanks to someone bringing it up on this post. Looking forward to seeing how well it helps me focus.

@mbmzldt Hey that was a really great video thanks. I find it way easier to go things done when I make tasks super small and actionable. It's good to come up with the small sun-tasks first before sitting down or you'll "work" without any focus, responding only to external stimulus like notifications, emails, browsing, etc.

@mbmzldt You can take a look at another one more 100-Year old and a very simple productivity method. The Ivy Lee method.

”Assign yourself no more than six important tasks per day, list them from most important to least important, and then work on and complete each one in that order. Do not begin the next task until you have fully completed the one before it. Make a list of your tasks for the next day at the end of each working day. Move any unfinished tasks to the top of tomorrow’s list of six tasks and repeat daily.”

History and details of this method

@mbmzldt Good suggestion. A little like Pomodoro, which I love. I do it often. It's where you set a timer for 25 minutes and eliminate all distractions (notifications, phone, etc), then put your head down and focus like crazy on your next task. At the end of 25 minutes, stop wherever you are and take a 5 minute break. Re-focus. Rinse and repeat. It's amazing how well it works for creative work, or work that requires brain focus.

@mbmzldt Usually I was making 25minutes slots without switching to any other things as social networks, calls and so on.
And I did't adjust time that I can spend for work in a day..
Idea is interesting. I'll try tomorrow ))))

@mbmzldt Pomodoro technique , got me through nursing school. Have you ever looked at "selfhood" vs routine adaptation for change?

I like what you're saying but bear with me here , would someone who "was the type of persom to consistently work hard and follow through" need the pomodoro technique?