TV Mounting: $60,000+ Profit/Year. How Can Leverage My Know-How?

@h4wk This is why I love America. It would literally not be possible to do this in Sweden with the taxes we have here. Great work, enjoy and keep it up!

@bygracealone I don't want to share the site. Sorry! I build most of my stuff and don't really go hard on security. That's why.

We don't do electrical work. But I have two electricians that I recommend whenever the client wants to install a power outlet where the TV will be mounted. I make sure to explain that it's just a recommendation, and they need to work scheduling and pricing on their own.

@jtrevor99 this. you’d be surprised how many people would prob pay just to put up picture frames aligned well.

or subcontract a audio guy to hook up sound system to tv

@h4wk I love this idea
I've done 50 or so installs for myself friends and family. I may try to replicate your success! Great idea I wish I had earlier lol.

@h4wk Some discrepancies in the story:

First discrepancy can be calculated as the following:

if he made 70K the first year, then he made 50K profit per year on average for the next three years for a total of 220K profit.

Remaining discrepancies

————-

You only spent $800 Ads in your first month ? What about the following months? As more revenue comes in, AD spend goes up.

———-

You only work three hours a week? You have 1476 clients and 4 employees. That’s 7 clients a week…. So you’re telling me that all you do is work three hours a week?

I don’t believe any of this lol.

@skyl3r Ad spend doesn't need to go up. If you design a business model anticipating $800/month, no reason not to spend that month 1. Could come down over time as well if other lead gen sources ramp up.

@skyl3r It did go up. I also started using other platforms to run ads, so ad spend going up was inevitable but also the number of leads.

@skyl3r For the revenue/profit I can have an all the time view on my spreadsheet. Here's what it looks like:
https://ibb.co/RCTX3rf

Ad spend did go up. The problem with the image above is that it shows the total monthly spend (gas, mounts, phone, ads, insurance, toll, etc) and it varies a lot depending on the month. But I'd say my ad spend is around $2 to $3k. The first $800 was spent on Google. Today I have ads on Google, Yelp, Craigslist, and Bark. Google is still where I spend the most.

I don't mount the TVs anymore. I stopped going in the summer of 2022. You'll see on the image above that from June to November of 2022 the profit dropped significantly compared to any other time. This was when I stopped going.
It was hard to find someone to go with the guy that was working with me so I had to pay a daily helper and it was expensive. This was when I almost gave up the idea of staying home, but the $40/h to the guy I could trust solved this problem.

Regarding sales, I don't sell "manually" anymore. Once the client pays the deposit, they get a notification confirming they are all set and they are assigned a 3 hour arrival window one day before the service date. My manual job today is to check the routes because I couldn't create an automation that can factor in morning traffic or other factors like weekends and events.

@h4wk How do you handle the mishaps of your mounters breaking an expensive TV or tearing drywalls? etc. What's your contingency plans look like? Were there any major incidents?