[VR Game] Great Speeches of History

freedomishere

Posted this to Twitter and thought it would make for a good r/StartupIdeas post.

There's this idea for a VR "game" that I've been playing with for a long time and I think it has some legs. It's called "Great Speeches of History".

I'm never gonna find the time to do it, but if facebook Oculus, htc Vive or playstation VR could talk to their developers...

Here's the idea: you are one of the great speech givers of history. You are standing in their shoes. You see the crowd around you and understand the historical context. I think this would work really well in VR. Then, just like a karaoke app, you recite the speech, aloud. The app keeps track of how well you do, the emotional tone in your voice, etc. The crowd would respond to how good you are doing.

This would be great for people interested in history, for educational purposes, for people who are afraid of public speaking, for people who want to train this skill. It's the guitar hero I would actually play.

It would also potentially lend itself very well to user generated content. And it would be relatively cheap to produce compared to other games, because the size of each scene is limited.

Cesar when he crosses the Rubicon

Martin Luther King, "I have a dream"

Theodore Roosevelt, “Duties of American Citizenship”

Winston Churchill, “We Shall Fight on the Beaches”

Lou Gehrig, “Farewell to Baseball Address”

Demosthenes, “The Third Philippic”

Chief Joseph, “Surrender”

There's soooo many. Cesar or King would probably make for a great demo.

Can someone please build this? I promise I will buy at least 2 copies.

Back