What do y’all do when power washing? Bring your own water or use the home owners?

cindylmarvin

I’m wondering if I should invest in a 250-400 gal tank I can haul in my truck with my own water, or if I should just take into account how much water I’m using of the homeowners. Anyone been though this? Are there meters I can screw onto the hose at their house, that are reliable, so I can adjust prices?

@cindylmarvin If they have a faucet, I've never in 4 years had a customer say i can't use their water. It is so inexpensive that it just doesn't matter. Also, pressure washers use so little compared to an unencumbered hose that it is even less of a concern.

@cindylmarvin When I had my mobile detail rig, I carried my own water. The guy I bought it from had an ro/di setup in his garage so he could do spot free rinse. I found a local Culligan franchise that would fill me up with their ro/di water. I don't remember the price to fill up, I just remember I wasn't agitated by the price.

@cindylmarvin That water is gonna be so heavy, like 8 lbs per gallon.

Your need will depend on you washer’s flow rate, not the psi. Most residential spigots are 2-4 GPM. If you’re worried get a 25 gallon buffer tank. Fit it with a float valve so it won’t overflow. That way you’ll always have ample supply for your pump and you can empty the tank before leaving.