Built a free site in less than 1 day, got 3 media coverages 2 weeks later

2 weeks ago I built a site that allow end users to key in a task and it will recommend a set of ai tools parsed by GPT-4 : What AI Can Do Today

It turned out to be very helpful site for the mainstream public.

I got the first wave of traffic from Reddit, received feedbacks and comments, quickly reiterated and released the new changes 1 week ago, updated Reddit about my changes and traffic doubled down.

Just as I thought the traffic is gradually dying down,last 2-3 days I discovered 3 media coverages who wrote about it and more traffic came in. I’ve created a /press and populated the coverages.

So far my all time highest users in last 30 mins was 168.

I was pleasantly surprised by the result of this project. Can’t help thinking i’m doing something right even though i didn’t earn much.

I just wanted to thank the Reddit community for making this a success, and sometimes you won’t know what the results are until you try it.

As the saying goes:

"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.' - Wayne Gretzky" -- Michael Scott

@545454 I love it. I already find it useful.

Can I ask you could a no code or build something like this? I'd love to learn to begin to build simple chat GPT wrappers and go from there. Any suggestions?

@545454 Congrats on the success & launch of your site! I always like the concept of taking a new & relatively complex technology (such as Ai) and simplifying the explanation of the end-user benefits.

Also I couldn't help but notice you didn't accurately credit the source of that quote at the end of your post...

"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.' - Wayne Gretzky"
-- Michael Scott

(Haha sorry I couldn't resist, especially as I'm watching The Office right now when I read your post lol)

@vlasit Thank you! Glad that my site conveyed the concept accurately.

I wanted to edit the post to include your double reference to the quote haha but somehow I'm not allowed, yet? Will try it again later haha

@545454 I have 2 suggestions that will help it greatly. 1, have a way to reorder the tasks. Start with alphabetical. 2. And potentially by most visited, new, featured. Etc.

This is awesome by the way