Cleaning Business Name Ideas

zeckycarter16

Me and my business partner are in the process of brainstorming a cleaning service for our area and are trying to land on a business name. So far we have

1st Class Cleaning / First Class Cleaning

FD Cleaning (F & D are just our first name initials)

Elite Cleaning Services

The Clean Team

Any opinions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

@zeckycarter16 I nearly named my stump grinding business something pretty generic for my area- “shoreline stump grinding”

I decided against it because in my area there were a ton of “shoreline” businesses. Shoreline landscaping, shoreline painting, shoreline paving ext.

My logo was going to be shark biting a stump-

To make a long story short after I decided against the “shoreline” I was searching for a new name and settled on “Stump Shark” because of the logo-

I am extremely happy I did.

It’s catchy, people remember it, and it stands out from the typical initial names.

I’d recommend going with something catchy. Extra points for alliteration/rhyming if you can.

Just my two cents.

@zeckycarter16 Personally, I love word play and puns. A version of my name is Kate so when I launched a vacate cleaning business I went with "Vaykate..." (I added the Y because I didn't like the potential mispronunciation of "Vakate" which felt like "va-kah-tay" and would drive me bonkers everytime I read it)

"Swept Off Your Feet Cleaning" was another name I rather enjoyed but went with one that personalised it as my business.

I feel a bit of a quirky name helps with potential customers remembering your business when they think of the work they need doing; "who was that cleaner with the clever name?"

@zeckycarter16 FD when said aloud might sound like “fifty” which could confuse potential customers. My general recommendations for names are: 1) simple, 2) use only words with one spelling and that is easy to spell, 3) use only words that don’t sound like something else.

@micheleambrosini1991 I don’t see that at all. To sound like “fifty” you would have to say the F like fuh and D as Dee. No one speaks like that. If someone says the F like fuh, then they say the D like duh and are usually under 10 years old.
FD, when spoken like an adult is closer to the word “hefty”
I agree with your other points.