How to use covid-19 to our advantage?

smartgirl2298

Hi all,

So this question is sort of a two-parter.

a)

How would anyone run a disinfecting business? Are any cleaners on here marketing towards tackling the covid-19 scare through cleaning? If so, how?

b)

I'm working on junk removal at the moment and i'm wondering if it would be worth it to advertise as being clean or conscientiousness about wearing masks and gloves. Giving the appearance we won't spread any viruses and be clean.

---

Perhaps it seems like a bit of a joke but k-12 schools, colleges, and some businesses are already shutting down. Every authority related to diseases i've listened to say its not going to go away, if anything it will increase.

@smartgirl2298 I am in the cleaning biz and a lot of the machines and solutions which are used for proper disinfection (foggers and electrostatic) are on back order, so it won't be an easy thing to jump into. But if you want to try to scoop up customers on the recovery side of the curve, for general cleaning jobs, then that might be an opportunity.

@fairydustlady Coronavirus is changing consumer needs and wants. No shame in responding to that, unless you are price-gouging or are being otherwise immoral about how you transact business.

@fairydustlady Actually its times like these where there is money to be made. I hate to say it like that, but until the world actually ends, we all still have families to feed and if there is a way to get ahead then there is no reason we shouldn't especially if we are offering services that benefits others.

@fairydustlady providing a service in higher demand due to a global pandemic is, however, a good thing to do. If I decided to build a video chat platform targeting corona virus, that wouldn't be exploitative, that would be beneficial for all involved. Making a buck and doing good aren't always mutually exclusive.

Back