Had to close b&m due to Covid. Can’t seem to feel better

@workinprogress89 I get it. Just when you were getting in your feet the rug was pulled out from under you. You didn’t just lose your business, you lost your dream.
Just try to keep in mind this isn’t your fault, your business didn’t fail, it was killed by a pandemic. It’s not fair, it’s not something you could control and other people just don’t get it.
We put our hearts and souls into our businesses and it hurts to have it ripped away.
Take care of yourself, call your doctor if needed. There’s no shame in taking an antidepressant if it’s too much to handle on your own.
I’m so sorry.

@workinprogress89 No one understands except other business owners. It's like the death of blood, sweat, tears... AND all of your decision making, risk taking, diligence, customer relationships, sacrifice... and a myriad of other things.

However, you've learned many lessons that only come from experience, and no one can take that from you. You'll have a big head start on your next endeavor

My condolences /hug

@workinprogress89 As someone who is going through this myself, I understand your grief. One thing I keep telling myself is that it’s hard to plan for a global pandemic. I was open 13 months, and couldn’t make it work. Just a really bad time to be a fledgling business. Sorry for your loss

@workinprogress89 Your business might be closing but that doesn’t mean you are done as an entrepreneur!

True entrepreneurs keep fighting when it’s tough, knowing when to toss in the flag and pivot during changes.

Just because your 501c3 is closing — doesn’t mean you can’t go spin up something better immediately.

@workinprogress89 This may be a bit of a learning curve, but if you have ANY online skills that can translate into setting up a store and selling a product, now is the BEST time to be in e-commerce in history and e-commerce has been booming consistently year after year for the last 10 years. This just happens to be the best so far due to the current economic situation.

You need to learn paid ads, social media, and how to take really good pictures and videos for marketing. If you can do that, along with some trial and error and even pulling in a paid ads expert, you will kill it again. Trust me on this.

If you have even an ounce of hustle left, I really implore you to try this end of business. Starting out is super low overhead and you can stay home to run your business.

If you need help on where to get started once you have an idea of what you want to sell, feel free to reach out anytime.

@workinprogress89 Hugs to you! I'm so sorry to hear about your business closing, especially due to elements that completely beyond your control. And while you're right, non-SBOs will never truly understand you vantage point, it's similar to people who have kids versus people who don't. It is hard to comprehend without first-hand experience.

However you may feel you must know that the lessons you have learned are truly invaluable. I started my own business at 38 and I only wish I had the guts to have done it a lot sooner. I've had many career setbacks, missteps and disappointments in my life. They ALL lead me to better things in the long run. In all sincerity I wish you the best of luck moving forward. My heart stays heaving for all my fellow small business owners. This is a very difficult time for all of us.

@workinprogress89 Yeah whether we like it or not our business becomes an identity and it’s very hard to let go of something that’s a regular part of your life. Even if that thing is sometimes simply unsustainable. Just remember to bring your passion with you otherwise we lose a little with each goodbye. We get it. Trust me we get it.