I’ve built 20%+ conversion rate landing pages. I’ll review yours for free

timerow

Hi, my name is Luis.

I’ve built landing pages for SaaS companies that convert 20%+ of cold ad traffic into paying customers. In my agency we charge up to $10k for a single landing page (based on initial fee + performance fee).

Comment your landing page and I’ll give you free advice to increase your conversion rate.

At the end of the day, paid ads are the best acquisition channel for a startup (it is scalable, predictable and automated), but it has become f****ng expensive.

You can’t make ads cheaper, but you can turn a 2% CR landing page into a 20% CR landing page to make your ads profitable (and you already know what profitable ads mean: More customers, more revenue, more profit, more investors, more cash, etc.).

I recently created a LinkedIn account: Luis Barcala - Ratio (In case you want to know more about me or even connect).

Looking forward to helping you!

@timerow Rather than reviewing everyone’s pages, do you have some bullet-point tips you can share with everyone? Basic things you recommend for all landing pages to improve conversions?

@secretsis Sure.

Based on what I've seen, high-converting lading pages follow three rules. But, first of all, if I've been able to build 10%, 25% and even 40% conversion rate landing pages is because I understand what drives conversion. Let me explain.

Do you know why they say that the money is in the follow-up? Because the difference between someone who doesn’t know about your product and a buyer is FREQUENCY.

Frequency drives conversion. Why are retargeting ads so powerful? Because what they really are is a frequency campaign. Constant exposure to THE SAME ONE THING again and again and again.

Conversion rule #1: One big idea or message.​

How you communicate your product is crucial. Communicating your product goes way beyond features and benefits. You need a big idea or message.

Sales pages with a conversion rate of 10%+ convey ONE (and only ONE) big idea. And they do it repeatedly—again and again and again and again and again and again.

My headlines refer to my idea, The body text talks about my big idea, My visuals depict my idea, My Q&A centers around my idea, The testimonials I include are the ones that mention my big idea, etc.

A big idea / big message is easy to remember and gets stuck more easily in our brain through repetition. Which one is easier to remember?

"Focusing without distraction on a cognitively demanding task for an extended period…"

Or...

"deep work.”

Conversion rule #2: No options, no distractions.​

That means no pricing plans, no bar menu, no about us page, no links, no “join our email list,” etc. Only one page, where the only way of getting out is by clicking a CTA button that takes you to the sign-up or a demo call.

When it comes to your offer, there are numerous variables to consider: Free trial or no free trial? 7-day or 30-day trial? Pricing? Plans? Features? Cc required or not required? Etc.

I would really love to advise you on exactly what to offer, but I don’t know your product, your industry, your competitors, etc. I can only say that each option has its pros and cons.

For example, free trials without a credit card requirement tend to convert better, but they also attract less committed users (most of those people won’t even try your product).

I’m not stating that one is definitively better than the other. What I’m trying to convey is that you need to test different variables. What works for another company might not work for you, and vice versa.

Remember: Options kill conversion.

So forget about pricing plans. Create ONE compelling offer designed for customer acquisition.

Conversion rule #3: Easy to read.​

Headlines, headlines, headlines...

The rest of the copy doesn’t really matter. Convey your big idea through your headlines. Literally.

I should be able to understand your product solely by reading your headlines. The rest of the copy should sell your big idea again and again and again. People are lazy and will scan your page (via headlines) for 10 seconds, before deciding if they understand what your product is about. If they like it, they will keep reading.

So, don’t use typical, vague marketing headlines.

Headlines you don’t want:

“Powered by AI”

Headlines you want (specific):

“Save 300 hours per month thanks to our customizable AI.”

Easy to read. Easy to remember. Full frequency. No distractions.​

Those are the building blocks of a great sales page.

@timerow Everything here resonates with me except this: "no pricing plans". Before I jump all over you, can you clarify what you mean? (I personally can't stand when SaaS sites don't have any pricing info so I had a strong reaction to this.)

@gracccy
  1. Build a second landing page: A dedicated landing page where you’ll be driving ad traffic to and which is designed for conversion.
  2. This page should target one specific group of people.
  3. Put together ONE single offer: One price point, one set of features and an incentive to sign up TODAY.
  4. Want to target another group of people with another messaging/price point/set of features? Go ahead. But don’t offer 3 plans that will generate friction and create confusion when your CTA is a free trial, bc people will choose the most basic plan in 99% of the cases.

@timerow Hey mate - I’m rather late to the party but could you take a look at my funnel?

Happy to exchange some value bilaterally, I would say that I can probably provide value on social media growth or scaling/systems… definitely not converting as I’m still green 😄

@redeemed84 Hi there!

I love the idea of podnotes. That's a great starting point.

Uniques concepts/ideas increases conversion.

Now, if you want to drive ad traffic to this page I recommend you to change 4 things:
  • Build a dedicated page to drive traffic to it.
  • Remove pricing plan options. Offer only one: I'd recommend Pro plan based on price.
  • Remove all the CTAs, extra pages and buttons except "Try for Free".
  • Change headlines like "Audiograms" for headlines like "Create snippets of your podcast into easily shareable and visually appealing asset to share on your social media".
These recommendations are based on the three conversion principles I've observed high-converting landing pages follow:
  • Rule #1: One big idea
  • Rule #2 :No options, no distractions
  • Rule #3: Easy to read.
(Learn more about the conversion principles in my response to @secretsis).

@redeemed84 Your landing page UI is truly impressive! I have a few questions if you don't mind. How did you determine the placement of elements/content on your landing page? What was the approximate cost of the design? Also, could you share the tools or frameworks you utilized for its design?

@jayason Thanks...We had a rough idea on how to structure it. Hero section, sneak peek of the app, how it works, what do we provide, specific features that make us standout, pricing and then the FAQ's. I am a designer so in that sense there was no cost also we didn't want to waste time on building landing page from scratch so we bought a template from framer and made lot of modifications to that template from the branding to the color scheme.

@redeemed84 Great! How were you able to import HTML, CSS, and JavaScript? I was under the impression that Framer doesn't support exporting these elements, correct?

@jayason There is an option for adding code but it's not necessary, most of the elements are already inbuilt. Plus if I want to create anything on framer I first make it on figma as it is more comfortable playground for me and then export itto framer using a plugin