The story of how I FINALLY made money with a gpt wrapper... in under a month :)

@sloanep The idea sounds great! I use GPT myself when I need it, so I was curious to give it a test before subscribing. But on registering, I see you don’t offer any trial/free runs.

Here’s what I think - your primary target audience uses chatgpt already. So they’re probably curious to see if you can do a better job with prompting than they can. I’d say offering one free copy would work a lot better for you.

No user will get the final copy right, on the very first try when they use your product. So giving them at least one trial run would help users understand just how good your prompting is - which may lead to more subscribers.

@rhcp484 I had an issue where people were abusing the free credits. What I am thinking is to allow 1 free generation directly from the landing page before sign in and store ip address so they can’t abuse it.

@sloanep hey congratulations 🎉, so what exactly do you mean when you say you were running cold email outreach for a few saas company? you mean you were sending cold email on their behalf? How did you determine the price to charge per user?

@sloanep The key to successful product development is VALIDATION. You shouldn't write a single line of code before having the certainty that your target market will pay money for your product.

It's no coincidence that most of these gpt wrapper "products" are released by engineers and developers. If you took a more user and product-centric approach, you would likely not waste time building these sorts of products as they 1) cannot compete and 2) will most likely fail in less than a year. Just think of all the chat-with-your-PDF "products" that died instantly. The last thing you want is to spend time and effort developing a feature in someone else's product.

@fullarmor I take it a step further, and don’t write a single line of code until a customer in my target market pays me to start development, or until many paying user’s request a feature

Back