Update: How I make $250-400 a day sharpening knives

@keenmaster486 Have you thought about making your sharpening setup mobile? My grandfather did this as a business, and he had a whole sharpening setup in the trunk of his car. He would make appointments and sharpen on-site for even quicker turnaround.

@keenmaster486 Could the sharpening be done inside a van ? Is is there a lot of fumes or scrap that goes everywhere? Or would you do it outside in plain sight? Just curious, I loved your idea and how you are evolving it, Go go go!!

@keenmaster486 Hey man i got a few question, but let me just say that i've been looking for a business idea for a while now, i've had a knife fascination since young i've been collecting, i've never thought of sharpening as a business because i've never thought there was a demand for it.

Ken Onion Worksharp with the $80 upgrade

So this is basically all you need to start up?

Have you done any thinking as to how you could expand? Such as start selling knives or even making them?

Do you offer any extras such as cleaning/restoring the knives on top of sharpening them?

Great looking website!

@keenmaster486 So that means you bought more belts than came standard with the Ken Onion set, yes? What leather strop do you recommend? (Is it really necessary?)

I just bought the kit myself and practiced sharpening my own kitchen knives today... went well. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm already getting a few calls from my Google Business listing!

@ladymatmac Yea I've dabbled on that one. What I like about the Home Service Expert and Sweaty Startup is that it focuses on home service businesses. I really never wanna touch online businesses or like all the silicon valley startups and there arent too many podcasts that focus on the sweaty start up businesses.

Back