I'm giving up on my SaaS sales journey

@chunhe889 Product-Led Content Strategy might help you!

How about you start publishing free content that helps or educates your target users?

I've generated sales by publishing content in my FB community and LinkedIn.

Publishing informative content that positions me as an expert has helped me increase ticket sales of my workshops.

Here's how I'd start if I were to market your product:
  1. Interview your current users
Ask why they like your product's freemium version. Next, follow with this important question: what feature/s could make them subscribe monthly to your product?
  1. Create user-centric content
Hyperpersonalize your content.

✓ For target users who have no idea about your product, write crystal clear and easy to understand copy about your product, USPs, features, and benefits.

✓ For users who are still on the fence about subscribing to your product, educate them about its tangible benefits. Publish success stories, use cases, etc.

✓ For freemium users, educate them about what they're missing out on the paid version. Be very clear and specific about the benefits of subscribing to the paid version.
  1. Be wise about writing and publishing
Don't post content everyday; but when you do, make sure to:
  • Start with an attention-catching headline
  • Publish at a time where many target users will see it
  • Create a sense of urgency
  • Add a clear CTA like inviting them to sign up
Interested in learning how to get more conversions? DM me or let's connect on LinkedIn!

@illyricus Hey, this is helpful. Thanks!

My problem is, since most of my time goes into development, I'm usually not left with enough time to do anything else. Either sales or content.

But I'm starting to set aside majority of my time for the same in some coming weeks.

Thanks for your insightful suggestion!

@kobidobidog You are talking about the subscription pricing or altogether selling and giving the software to someone else to maintain?

In case of latter, I think it heavily depends on the user base I have.

@sevilodorf Even if I go on with this software, I'm confident it can get close to $10K MRR in an year. I'd already be making > $100k from it then.

I'd be open to conversations about selling it right now but it will have to be fairly priced at $100k minimum.

Though, the number would also be subject to negotiation.

@spiritualsun I've only started full-time on this about a month ago. Most of my time went in development. I'm still going ahead with the project. Irrespective of the low-time. I'm going to be devoting >=50% of my time to sales/marketing from now on.

This tool has well-funded competitors. I'm certain it has a sizeable market. If it's only a question of my skill in outreach, let's give it more time and see.

@chunhe889 I guess this is your main problem.

To me it sounds like your competitors are targeting established big corps, as they worry about the pain points you target. They have devs coming and going.

A Startup recreated all the keys and passwords and call it a day

@chunhe889 It has been 6 months since you started Twitter /X account. Research marketing, research sales. They have cycles. It takes longer and more effort to create brand awareness, educate the market, create a sales pipeline, and walk prospects to close than most realize.

@chunhe889 Your landing seems well designed, but there are a few problems:
  1. It's not mobile optimized. It overflows to the right, showing a white field. There's also text that's hidden on mobile, replaced with three dots.
  2. Aligning of items. Many things aren't centralized, like the "start for free" and "req a demo" buttons. There are aligning problems even on landscape view.
  3. You could talk to a marketing strategist on Upwork. 50-100$ I'd say is the average for a consultation.

@kaks Thanks. I'll take a look.

I'm horrible at front-end but I tried to put in as much effort as I could.

I'll take a look at the alignment issues as soon as I get time.

Back