My story…

jcisthelight

So I come from a very rural and poor area (avg. household income $41,000) with jobs that offer $10hr-$15hr. My half brother has been in drain cleaning for 7 years. He told me how he can’t move up. I told him to show me the equipment and I would buy it and setup the business. Fast forward 3 months we invested $6,900 dollars in tools and equipment and now make on average $1,000 a day with only 4 or 5 hours of physical work. We are just getting started but the growth is phenomenal for such a small investment. We are both in our 20’s still an minorities. We have basically proven you can succeed anywhere. If there isn’t jobs then create them is my philosophy.

@wolfspirit We are having are taxes taken out by ADP. I keep track of mileage and expenses in QuickBooks. We have a small business advisor, however, I am scheduling a time to go speak with an accountant to gain better knowledge and find out what breaks we could be missing.

@jcisthelight You're already doing it right! Congrats on your success!

Btw, I do my taxes through adp payroll too. If you do a simple IRA retirement plan through them, the money you put into it up to 15,000 dollars is untaxable income. So if you're paying taxes it would be better to put some into an IRA or all of it since its lowering your tax bill. Wish I had done it earlier.

@jcisthelight Congratulations on your success.

It would be great to talk with you about this since I have started doing this in 1982.

Please contact me at your convenience.

@613jono Yes!!! Lmao! I almost did not use them for that reason, but since we did payroll through them already (and only because they bought out our first payroll company) it made life easier.

@wolfspirit Yeah, the tax situation, Healthcare, and potential of insurance/legal issues are what keeps people away. I'm not anti-selfemployment, however I have seen the bs legal issues that can cost quite a bit. Home contractors get sued quite a bit, I refuse to be self employed in my current state simply due to how lax the lawsuit laws are.

Back