How is Yelp still in business

@khedge Yes, probably. I loathe yelp, but he’s right- people def still search on yelp…especially for restaurants. That being said, the people who review through yelp are usually much worse clients than google reviewers and bitch about everything and seem to be quite unreasonable…since there are so many less reviews on Yelp, and Yelp reviewers tend to leave more negative reviews it makes your score rating much lower.

My biggest prob with Yelp or rather open table is that they also factor in yelp reviews which drops your open table rating and could affect resis.

@melco Yelp exists to strongarm small businesses into paying to be listed on yelp, ‘or else’. They are a sales company. A lot of people who got started in sales in Arizona, where yelp has a big office, got started doing cold calls to mom and pop shops to try to convince them that paying a couple hundred bucks to start + X amount every month would be a good business decision for them.

So yeah, they suck lol. Also I’m pretty sure they delete “bad” reviews if needed - and also write “bad” reviews if the small businesses stop paying

@eyeswideopen4 They 100% do. I tried them out for two months when I first started. I got a decent amount of views and some awesome reviews popped up. Also, the one negative review I got disappeared after a day. Then I realized the amount I was spending on yelp was not worth the amount of people it brought in. When I cancelled, I had one missed call per day from yelp. Then my business was flooded with negative reviews and the 5 star reviews disappeared.

I Then deleted my page.